Mar 31, 2016
We've had a wide mix of Celtic music over Irish American Heritage Month. So much so that I think we should play totally Trad Irish Celtic music. Don't you? So that's the plan! Awesome, serious, indie Celtic music from Rattle the Boards, SloanWolfe, Sligo Rags, Trinity River Whalers, Ceann, Brobdingnagian Bards, Whirly Jig, Emerald Rose, Stout Pounders, Battlelegs, Beatnik Turtle, Doug Folkins, Paddy's Pig, McFlooseys.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help us decide where to go in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 151 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. Next week, I'm planning our next feature which is two hours of Celtic music from Canada on April 7th. You can Become a Patron of the Podcast. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: James and John.
* What is Dilisk? You can find the answer to that on The Celtfather. I interviewed Patrick Maloney on top of the cliffs of Slieve League in Donegal, Ireland last summer. I finally shared the interview in this week's podcast.
* Poll: Vote for your favorite episodes? I still need your votes of ALL TIME of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. Your votes will help me decide which episodes to share with newbies of the podcast.
* While you're there, don't forget to vote in the Celtic Top 20. What is your favorite song or tune in this episode of the podcast? Your votes will help me create a best of 2016 episode next year.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* If you want more Celtic Music News, head on over to our Facebook page. Each Thursday, I share Celtic Music News from bands in the latest show via Facebook Live. The show goes on around 9am CST. If you miss the live stream, fear not, the video will be saved to the Facebook page. Go to facebook.com/celticpodcast to subscribe.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to email@example.com along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
0:31 "Jigs: Jimmy's Jig/Jig Gan Ainm" by Rattle the Boards from The Parish Platform
4:15 "Looking Ahead" by SloanWolfe from SloanWolfe
6:26 "We're Irish Tonight (Hung Over in the Morning)" by Sligo Rags from Roll Me Down the Mountain
10:00 "Doctor's Orders" by Trinity River Whalers from Both Barrels
13:10 "Pittsburgh Makes Me Drunk" by Ceann from Rave, Rant, Lose Pants
15:56 "The Orange and the Green" by Brobdingnagian Bards from The Holy Grail of Irish Drinking Songs
18:38 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
20:16 "The Night Pat Murphy Died" by Whirly Jig from Thing-A-Ma-Jig
25:16 "The Chicken Raid of Cymru" by Emerald Rose from Rants and Rambles
32:47 CELTIC FEEDBACK
35:40 "The Mermaid" by Stout Pounders from 3 Drink Minimum
38:42 "Whiskey Johnny" by Battlelegs from The Very Best of Battlelegs, Vol. 1
40:25 "Finnegan's Wake" by Beatnik Turtle from Sham Rock
44:03 "Park the Car" by Doug Folkins from Another Last Call
46:50 "Henry Me Son" by Paddy's Pig from Maple & Wire
52:03 "Slides" by McFlooseys from One Night in Dublin
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.