Dec 4, 2015
December is here. That means it's time to start planning my
Christmas music specials like I do every year. But I have
one more show to share before the holiday music begins with great
indie Celtic music from Maidens IV, Mithril, 3 Pints Gone, The
Washington Square Harp and Shamrock Orchestra, The Poxy Boggards,
Bat Kinane, LandLoch'd, Breabach, The Skelligs, A Band of Rogues,
Kilmaine Saints, Green Tea, Danny Carthy, Jiggernaut, Bonhomme
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Your active voting will help define the Top 20 songs of 2015 at the end of the year.
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. We're going to Cornwall in 2016. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Thanks to the Patrons of the Podcast. Your kind and generous support keeps this show running every week. Become a Patrons at http://celticmusicpodcast.com/patron/. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Robert and Asa
* Taking a break from this podcast next week to release the first Celtic Christmas Podcast of the year.
* My Celtic Christmas Music website is now mobile-ready. Go to CelticChristmasMusic.net to read the articles. And now you can listen to my article "What is Celtic Christmas Music?" in the Celtfather podcast.
* I released several new Celtic Music Spotlights in The Celtfather podcast. You'll hear more about Wild Colonial Bhoys, Jig to a Milestone, and Black Market Haggis.
* There are two weekends left at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival. Come see me perform with Kilted Kings.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Email a written or audio comment to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. Or visit celticmusicpodcast.com to post a comment in the shownotes. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? Send me pictures of what you're doing or picture of one of your travels to Ireland or Scotland
Vic wrote: "Hi Marc, greetings from Down Under. Thank you for another year of fab music. May you and your family have a merry Christmas. In Oz its its starting to warm up, so we'll be escaping to Tasmania for the Cygnet and George Town Folk Festivals. Cheers Vic"
Rick wrote: Mark, Earlier this year, my wife and I took a bucket list trip to Scotland and Ireland and England. In preparation for the trip I found your podcast and have been listening ever since. I went to my first Louisiana Renaissance Festival this month and took a side trip up a small rise and found a pair of Celtic musicians playing. I said to myself, that guy sure sounds like Mark Gunn. I later learned that it indeed was you, but could not return to find you as I was busily engaged in watching grandchildren at the fest. I enjoyed your set and enjoy the podcast very much. Attached a few of our favorite shots from the trip. Slainte! Rick Rawle, Slidell Louisiana, 45% British and 2% Irish according to Ancestry DNA."
"Four in the Heartland" by Maidens IV
from Emerald Fire
"The Good Natured Man/The H.O.F" by Mithril
from The Return Home
"Donegal Danny" by 3 Pints Gone
from It's About Bloody Time
"Miss McGuinness / Tommy Peoples’ / The Torn Jacket (reels)" by The Washington Square Harp and Shamrock Orchestra
from Since Maggie Dooley Learned the Hooley Hooley
"This Pub That We Call Home" by The Poxy Boggards
from Anchor Management
Celtic Music News
"Biddy Mulvey and the Landgrabber" by Bat Kinane
from The Hills Above the Valley
"Irish Rover" by LandLoch'd
from Loch'd and Loaded
"Chloe's Passion" by Breabach
from The Big Spree
"In London So Fair" by The Skelligs
from Kingdom Come
"Ballyvaughn" by A Band of Rogues
from A Band of Rogues
"Ten Fathoms Deep" by Kilmaine Saints
from The Good, The Plaid, and The Ugly
"3 Piece Trad Set" by Green Tea
from Synergy EP
"Paddy Would a Wooing Go" by Danny Carthy
from Stand Look Around You
"The City Boy Set" by Jiggernaut
from In Search of More
"The Blacksmith" by Bonhomme Setter
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes or email me email@example.com.